Hurricanes breeze by Idaho State to advanceMar 18, 2012 - 1:47 AM Spokane, WA (Sports Network) - Shenise Johnson led all scorers with 20 points as the third-seeded Miami-Florida Hurricane's made easy work of the 14th- seeded Idaho State Bengals 70-41 in the first round of the NCAA Women's Tournament at McCarthy Athletic Center.
Sylvia Bullock scored 11 points for Miami (26-5), while Shawnice Wilson added nine points and 14 rebounds.
For Idaho State (24-8), Ashleigh Vella was the lone player to score in double figures with 12 points.
Miami got out to an early lead, scoring 20 of the games' first 28 points and it went into the break with a comfortable 33-16 advantage.
The Hurricanes continued to pour it on in the second half as they extended the lead even after putting in backups. Miami shot an impressive 46.2 percent from the field in the game, while Idaho State made a woeful 25 percent of its shots overall.
Idaho State committed more turnovers (20) than field goals made (13) on the evening.
Miami advances to the second round where it will take on 11th-seeded Gonzaga, which upset sixth-seeded Rutgers earlier in the day.
- IDAHO STATE: 41
Mar 17 8:55 PM
- IDAHO STATE: 16
Mar 17 7:41 PM
- IDAHO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 17 6:56 PM
- No. 12 South Dakota State stuns fifth-seeded Miami 74-71 Mar 19
- S. Dakota St.-Miami Preview Mar 18
- Idaho women advance to 3rd NCAA Tournament in 4 years Mar 12
- No. 2 Notre Dame beats No. 21 Miami 78-67 in ACC semifinals Mar 5
- Thomas leads No. 21 Miami women past No. 14 FSU 74-56 Mar 4
- Motley, Hayes lead No. 21 Miami women past Pitt 77-55 Mar 3
- Romero lifts No. 12 FSU women past No. 17 Miami 70-67 Feb 28
- No. 10 Louisville beats No. 17 Miami 79-51 Feb 25
- Hof leads No. 18 Miami women to 67-56 OT win over Va Tech Feb 21
- No. 3 Notre Dame women rout No. 19 Miami 90-69 Feb 14
- No. 19 Miami women hold off Georgia Tech 58-55 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7