Stanford breezes by Michigan in second roundMar 27, 2013 - 4:03 AM Stanford, CA (Sports Network) - Joslyn Tinkle led all scorers with 21 points as the top-seeded Stanford Cardinal made easy work of the eighth-seeded Michigan Wolverines, 73-40, in the second round of the NCAA Tournament at Maples Pavilion.
Tinkle made all five of her 3-point attempts for Stanford (33-2), which will take on Georgia in the Sweet 16 on Saturday. Chiney Ogwumike tallied 12 points and 15 rebounds, while Amber Orrange added 11 points and six assists for the hosts.
For Michigan (22-11), Jenny Ryan netted 11 points on 5-of-5 from the field, but no one else scored in double figures on the night.
Stanford got out to a commanding 41-16 lead at halftime after shooting 60 percent from the floor in the opening 20 minutes while holding Michigan to less than 28 percent shooting.
The Cardinal's lead never dipped below 23 in the second half.
Stanford shot 12-of-25 from 3-point range on the night, while Michigan was only 3-of-16 from beyond the arc.
- MICHIGAN: 40
Mar 26 11:27 PM
- MICHIGAN: 16
Mar 26 10:30 PM
- MICHIGAN: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 26 9:52 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18