Notre Dame has easy time with South Dakota StateJan 3, 2014 - 3:31 AM South Bend, IN (SportsNetwork.com) - Kayla McBride scored 18 points and Natalie Achonwa recorded a double-double as No. 2 Notre Dame dominated South Dakota State, 94-51, at Purcell Pavilion.
Achonwa totaled 13 points and 13 rebounds and also handed out a game-high six assists for the Fighting Irish (12-0), winners of 35 straight regular season games and 18 consecutive home games.
Jewell Loyd and Madison Cable chipped in 14 and 13 points, respectively, in the rout.
Gabby Boever had a team-high nine points for the Jackrabbits (9-7), who shot just 31.6 percent from the field en route to their third straight loss.
Notre Dame, which never trailed and led by as many as 45 points, improved its already nation-best field goal percentage by making 53.6 percent of its shots.
- SOUTH DAKOTA STATE: 51
NOTRE DAME: 94
Jan 2 8:53 PM
- SOUTH DAKOTA STATE: 24
NOTRE DAME: 59
Jan 2 7:47 PM
- SOUTH DAKOTA STATE: 8
NOTRE DAME: 27
1st Half - 11:47
Jan 2 7:20 PM
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- No. 12 South Dakota State stuns fifth-seeded Miami 74-71 Mar 19