Thompson's layup helps Arizona State avoid upset against IowaNov 24, 2007 - 1:18 AM CANCUN, Mexico (Ticker) -- Kirsten Thompson converted a layup with three seconds to go, lifting No. 13 Arizona State to a 60-58 victory over Iowa on Friday.
Lauren Lacey scored 19 points and Sybil Dosty added 12 for the Sun Devils (3-2), who bounced back after their second lost of the season against Oklahoma on Thursday.
Arizona State shot 56 percent (24-of-43) from the field to help overcome 22 turnovers.
Kristi Smith led the Hawkeyes (4-1) with 18 points. She had tied the game at 58-58 with 25 seconds left before Thompson's shot.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21
- Tennessee-Arizona St. Preview Mar 19
- Arizona State not looking past inconsistent Tennessee Mar 19
- Arizona State opens NCAAs with 74-52 win over NM State Mar 18
- New Mexico St.-Arizona St. Preview Mar 17
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- Iowa women race past Michigan in Big Ten second round Mar 3
- Fields leads No. 14 UCLA past No. 9 Arizona State Feb 28
- Katie Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State past USC 50-45 Feb 27
- No. 9 Arizona State pulls away for 77-57 win over Washington Feb 21
- Brunner, No. 9 Arizona State cruise past Washingtom Feb 19