North Carolina starts strong, cruises past FurmanNov 25, 2007 - 10:48 PM CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Cetera DeGraffenreid scored 16 points as sixth-ranked North Carolina cruised to an easy 77-36 victory over Furman on Sunday.
The Tar Heels (7-0) started the game on an 11-2 run and took a 42-16 lead at halftime en route to their sixth win by at least 25 points.
Rebecca Gray added 14 for the Tar Heels, who held the Paladins to just 20 percent (13-of-66) shooting for the game.
Courtney Opie scored eight points for Furman (2-3), which also committed 21 turnovers.
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- Hatchell to sit 2 games for referee contact, NCAA violation Jan 29
- No. 21 Miami women beat UNC 76-61 for Katie Meier's 200th Jan 17
- Ogunbowale scores 16, No. 3 Notre Dame beats UNC 88-54 Jan 10
- No. 15 Northwestern women defeat North Carolina 85-72 Dec 2
- Gardner-Webb shocks No. 22 North Carolina women 66-65 Nov 13
- Late layup lifts South Carolina over Heels Mar 28
- UNC advances past Buckeyes on buzzer beater Mar 23
- Tar Heels get past Liberty on their home floor Mar 21
- UNC's Hatchell resumes coaching duties May 5