Harper, Toliver help Maryland hold off PittsburghNov 28, 2007 - 4:00 AM COLLEGE PARK, Maryland (Ticker) -- Laura Harper scored 21 points and Kristi Toliver added 20 as third-ranked Maryland overcame a huge game from Shavonte Zellous to post a 90-77 victory over Pittsburgh on Tuesday.
Marissa Coleman added 16 points for the Lady Terrapins (9-0), who shot 50 percent (16-of-32) in the second half to withstand a comeback attempt.
A senior forward, Harper became the 24th women's player in school history to surpass the 1,000 point plateau.
Maryland built an 18-point lead nine minutes into the game and led 44-28 at halftime. However, Zellous, who scored 26 of her 30 points in the second half, helped Pittsburgh rally.
The Panthers, who shot 50 percent (28-of-55) from the floor, could only get as close as eight points early in the second half.
Jania Sims scored 14 points for Pittsburgh, which outscored Maryland, 49-46, in the second half.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
PITTSBURGH 28 49 77
MARYLAND (3) 44 46 90 FINAL
Nov 27 9:02 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(3) MARYLAND 44 HALFTIME
Nov 27 7:52 PM
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- Motley, Hayes lead No. 21 Miami women past Pitt 77-55 Mar 3
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- No. 10 Louisville women coast to 65-36 win over Pitt Feb 28