Maryland routs Wake Forest in ACC openerJan 4, 2008 - 2:46 AM WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Crystal Langhorne had 15 points and 10 rebounds, leading No. 5 Maryland to an 83-49 victory over Wake Forest on Thursday in the Atlantic Coast Conference opener for both teams.
Laura Harper and Kristi Toliver each scored 15 points and Marah Strickland added 10 points for the Terrapins (17-1, 1-0), who shot 52 percent (30-of-58) in winning their seventh consecutive game.
Camille Collier scored 10 points and Alex Tchangoue had eight for the Demon Deacons (12-3, 0-1), who shot just 30 percent from the field.
Maryland had few problems, holding the Demon Deacons to 20 percent shooting in racing to a 47-13 lead at halftime. The Terrapins made seven of their first 10 shots during an 18-2 run to take command.
Wake Forest did not reach double-digit scoring until 6:20 remained in the first on a jumper by Kem Wilson made the score, 32-10.
Maryland extended its lead to 41 points twice in the second half, the last at 82-41 with 2:15 remaining.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
MARYLAND (5) 47 36 83
WAKE FOREST 13 36 49 FINAL
Jan 3 8:55 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(5) MARYLAND 47
WAKE FOREST 13 HALFTIME
Jan 3 7:54 PM
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- Georgia Tech women edge Wake Forest 67-65 in ACC Mar 3
- Wake Forest beats Clemson 73-58 in ACC women's tourney Mar 2
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- Senior Moseley gives No. 6 Maryland women lift off bench Feb 27