McCants helps North Carolina cruise past Georgia TechJan 6, 2008 - 12:00 AM CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Rashanda McCants scored 19 points and grabbed five rebounds as No. 4 North Carolina posted a 99-78 victory over Georgia Tech on Saturday.
Reserve Jessica Breland scored 18 points and LaToya Pringle had 12 for the Tar Heels (14-1, 1-0 Atlantic Coast Conference), who have won 11 straight in the series dating to 2002.
Italee Lucas scored 12 points off the bench and Erlana Larkins had 10 and 10 boards for her third double-double of the season for North Carolina, which shot 58 percent (33-of-57) and has won 12 of its games by at least 20 points.
McCants connected on 6-of-14 from the floor for the Tar Heels, who led 47-28 at the break.
Alex Montgomery scored 14 points and Janie Mitchell and Chioma Nnamaka each scored 13 for the Yellow Jackets (13-2, 0-1), who shot just 37 percent (29-of-78) and are just 5-21 here all-time.
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- Georgia Tech women edge Wake Forest 67-65 in ACC Mar 3
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- No. 19 Miami women hold off Georgia Tech 58-55 Feb 11
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- Hatchell to sit 2 games for referee contact, NCAA violation Jan 29
- Turner, Allen lead No. 3 Notre Dame past Georgia Tech Jan 28
- No. 21 Miami women beat UNC 76-61 for Katie Meier's 200th Jan 17
- No. 19 Florida State women hold on against Georgia Tech Jan 10
- Ogunbowale scores 16, No. 3 Notre Dame beats UNC 88-54 Jan 10
- Cable leads No. 3 Notre Dame for McGraw's at 799th win Dec 30