Harper ties career high as No. 5 Maryland crushes ClemsonJan 6, 2008 - 11:35 PM COLLEGE PARK, Maryland (Ticker) -- Laura Harper tied her career high with 27 points on Sunday as No. 5 Maryland rolled to a 110-46 victory over Clemson in an Atlantic Coast Conference game.
Crystal Langhorne scored 25 points as the Terrapins (18-1, 2-0 ACC) won their eighth straight game.
The 64-point margin of victory matched Maryland's most lopsided win in 28 years in league play, a 117-53 win over Wake Forest on January 23, 1980. It was the Terrapins' second-largest margin of victory ever.
The Tigers (7-9, 0-1) have lost four consecutive games and seven straight to the Terrapins. The loss was Clemson's biggest ever, breaking the previous mark of 57 points against Duke in 2004.
Harper also had 11 rebounds for Maryland. Kristi Toliver added 19 points and 10 assists, while Marah Strickland scored 11 points for the Terrapins.
Maryland outscored Clemson, 45-0, in points off turnovers as the Tigers turned the ball over 26 times. The Terrapins shot 73 percent (22-of-30) in the second half and 62 percent (41-of-66) for the game.
Sthefany Thomas had nine points for Clemson.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
CLEMSON 28 18 46
MARYLAND (5) 52 58 110 FINAL
Jan 6 3:47 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(5) MARYLAND 52 HALFTIME
Jan 6 2:55 PM
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- Wake Forest beats Clemson 73-58 in ACC women's tourney Mar 2
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- Senior Moseley gives No. 6 Maryland women lift off bench Feb 27
- No. 2 Notre Dame grabs share of ACC title with 71-52 win Feb 25