North Carolina stays perfect in ACCFeb 26, 2008 - 4:08 AM CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Erlana Larkins scored 18 points to lead No. 2 North Carolina to an 85-79 victory over North Carolina State in Atlantic Coast Conference action on Monday.
Rashanda McCants and Jessica Breland each scored 16 points for the Tar Heels (26-2, 13-0 ACC), who have won 17 of their last 18 games and have clinched at least a share of the ACC regular-season title.
North Carolina won despite shooting just 20-of-41 (49 percent) from the free-throw line and getting outrebounded, 46-38.
Shayla Fields scored 26 points and Khadijah Whittington added 18 for NC State (17-10, 5-7), which committed 19 turnovers that led to 17 points for North Carolina.
- No. 17 Syracuse beats NC State 80-61 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- NC State women beat Boston College 76-60 in ACC Tournament Mar 3
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 12 Florida State women hold off NC State 56-52 Feb 25
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- Cable scores 25, No. 3 Notre Dame defeats NC State 82-46 Feb 4
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- Hatchell to sit 2 games for referee contact, NCAA violation Jan 29
- No. 23 Louisville women rally past NC State 92-90 Jan 17
- No. 21 Miami women beat UNC 76-61 for Katie Meier's 200th Jan 17
- North Carolina State beats No. 22 Duke women in Durham 65-62 Jan 15
- Ogunbowale scores 16, No. 3 Notre Dame beats UNC 88-54 Jan 10