Walker leads California to victory over UC RiversideNov 16, 2007 - 7:34 AM RIVERSIDE, California (Ticker) -- Ashley Walker scored 25 points and grabbed 10 rebounds as No. 15 California cruised to a 65-49 victory over UC Riverside on Thursday.
Walker converted 9-of-13 shots from the floor and was a perfect 7-of-7 at the free-throw line. The junior forward also scored her 1,000th career point during the win, becoming the 18th player in school history to accomplish the feat.
Rama N'diaye also had a strong game for the Golden Bears (2-0), scoring 14 points and pulling down 13 rebounds while missing just one of her six shots from the field.
California was on point all night, making 47.9 percent of its shots from the field - including 61.5 percent (16-of-26) from 3-point range.
Tainoisouti Lott led UC Riverside, scoring 15 points while grabbing nine rebounds. However, the Highlanders (0-3) could not keep up with California's hot shooting, making just 15-of-51 (29.4 percent) shots.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
CALIFORNIA (15) 28 37 65
UC RIVERSIDE 22 27 49 FINAL
Nov 15 11:56 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(15) CALIFORNIA 28
UC RIVERSIDE 22 HALFTIME
Nov 15 10:46 PM
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- California tops Utah in overtime 66-63 to advance in Pac-12 Mar 3
- No. 7 Oregon State women clinch share of Pac-12 title Feb 28
- Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State women past California Feb 13
- Balance lifts No. 25 Stanford women over California 60-55 Feb 6
- McCall, No. 15 Stanford women pull away; beat Cal 53-46 Feb 3
- Plum leads No. 25 Washington women past Cal 75-65 Jan 31
- Billings leads No. 20 UCLA women past California 75-56 Jan 23
- Hanson leads No. 12 Oregon State women past Cal 70-48 Jan 16
- Utah women beat No. 21 Cal 84-79 Jan 10
- Arizona women knock off No. 21 California 57-52 Jan 5