Packer helps Ohio State crush ColgateNov 24, 2007 - 10:14 PM COLUMBUS, Ohio (Ticker) -- Marscilla Packer scored 22 points as No. 16 Ohio State advanced to the final of its Buckeye Classic tournament with an 88-26 victory over Colgate on Saturday.
Star Allen had 13 points and nine rebounds and Jantel Lavender added 10 and five for the Buckeyes (5-0), who will face No. 24 Auburn (5-0) in the event's championship game on Sunday.
Packer, who connected on 8-of-12 from the field, nailed 5-of-8 3-pointers for Ohio State, which led 42-13 at halftime. The 5-9 senior has scored at least 20 points in three of her five games this season.
Caitlin Gillard scored seven points and Evan Librizzi had six for Colgate (0-4), which shot just 19 percent (8-of-43) in losing for the third time in four games by at least 39 points.
- BUCKEYE CLASSIC
NCAA WOMENS BB BUCKEYE CLASSIC
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
COLGATE 13 13 26
OHIO ST (16) 42 46 88 FINAL
Nov 24 3:47 PM
- BUCKEYE CLASSIC
NCAA WOMENS BB COLGATE 13
(16) OHIO ST 42 HALFTIME
Nov 24 2:49 PM
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- Ohio State smothers Buffalo to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Buffalo-Ohio St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 19 Spartans, special Powers rout No. 9 Buckeyes 82-63 Mar 5
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- No. 20 Michigan St outlasts No. 5 Ohio St 107-105 in 3 OTs Feb 27
- Banham, Minnesota upset No. 5 Ohio State, 90-88 Feb 24