Johnson leads Western Carolina to upset of LouisvilleNov 17, 2007 - 10:42 PM MINNEAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Brooke Johnson scored 17 points to power Western Carolina to a 77-72 victory over No. 21 Louisville on Saturday.
Ashley Pellom added 12 and Monique Dawson poured in 11 for the Lady Catamounts (3-1).
Western Carolina, which made it to the second round of the NCAA Tournament last season, shot 45 percent from the field (27-for-60) to overcome a 44-37 rebound disadvantage against the Cardinals.
Angel McCoughtry scored 19 points to pace Louisville (1-1).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- Louisville tops Central Arkansas 87-60, Hines-Allen Mar 18
- Cent. Arkansas-Louisville Preview Mar 17
- NCAA games in Louisville match 4 teams on late-season rolls Mar 17
- Louisville coach writes to fans' bosses about skipping work Mar 16
- No. 17 Syracuse women beat No. 7 Louisville 80-75 in ACCs Mar 5
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- No. 10 Louisville women coast to 65-36 win over Pitt Feb 28
- No. 10 Louisville beats No. 17 Miami 79-51 Feb 25
- Hines-Allen leads No. 11 Louisville women past BC 55-45 Feb 21