26-0 run sends Arizona State to rout of YaleNov 20, 2007 - 4:49 AM TEMPE, Arizona (Ticker) -- Dymond Simon scored 17 points to help No. 14 Arizona State beat Yale, 84-38, on Monday night.
Briann January added 13 points and six assists, while Kirsten Thompson had 13 points and seven rebounds for Arizona State, which has won two straight after a season-opening loss to North Carolina.
Jamie Van Horne led the Bulldogs (0-2) with nine points. Lindsey Williams added eight points for Yale, which opened the season with a 100-44 loss to No. 5 Stanford on November 9.
The Bulldogs led, 4-0, at the outset before Arizona State ran off eight straight points. Yale got another layup before Simon hit a 3-pointer and a layup to begin a 26-0 run for the Sun Devils.
The Bulldogs missed 19 of their 24 first-half shots and were outrebounded, 29-11, in the first 20 minutes.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
YALE 15 23 38
ARIZONA ST (14) 43 41 84 FINAL
Nov 19 10:30 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(14) ARIZONA ST 43 HALFTIME
Nov 19 9:33 PM
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21
- Tennessee-Arizona St. Preview Mar 19
- Arizona State not looking past inconsistent Tennessee Mar 19
- Arizona State opens NCAAs with 74-52 win over NM State Mar 18
- New Mexico St.-Arizona St. Preview Mar 17
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- Fields leads No. 14 UCLA past No. 9 Arizona State Feb 28
- Katie Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State past USC 50-45 Feb 27
- No. 9 Arizona State pulls away for 77-57 win over Washington Feb 21
- Brunner, No. 9 Arizona State cruise past Washingtom Feb 19
- Brunner beats buzzer in OT, No. 9 Arizona St beats Stanford Feb 15
- Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State women past California Feb 13