Lack of rest does not stop Stanford from rout of San FranciscoNov 29, 2007 - 7:47 AM PALO ALTO, California (Ticker) -- Freshman Kayla Pedersen scored 18 points as fifth-ranked Stanford rolled to a 96-61 victory over San Francisco on Wednesday.
Candace Wiggins added 13 points for the Cardinal (6-1), who sat the majority of their starters in the second half after arriving home from the Paradise Jam in the U.S. Virgin Islands late Monday.
Only playing 20 minutes, Pedersen went 8-of-9 from the field. Jillian Harmon added 16 points off the bench for Stanford, which beat San Francisco for the 14th straight time.
Shay Rollins, the younger sister of National League MVP Jimmy Rollins of the Philadelphia Phillies, led the Dons (3-4) with 19 points.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
SAN FRANCISCO 28 33 61
STANFORD (5) 49 47 96 FINAL
Nov 28 11:41 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
SAN FRANCISCO 28
(5) STANFORD 49 HALFTIME
Nov 28 10:46 PM
- Former Stanford and US star Jennifer Azzi comes out as gay Apr 1
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18