Barlow, big first half helps Notre Dame coast past ValparaisoDec 13, 2007 - 5:52 AM SOUTH BEND, Indiana (Ticker) -- Ashley Barlow scored 19 points as No. 17 Notre Dame used a big first half to coast by Valparaiso, 94-56, on Wednesday.
Leading, 9-6, early in the first half, the Fighting Irish (9-1) went on a 14-2 run to take a 15-point lead with 10:27 to play in the half. Notre Dame went on a 15-2 spurt - keyed by six points from Charel Allen - to take a 40-14 lead with 4:03 to play in the first half and it led by 25 points at the break.
Allen finished with 14 points and Brittany Mallory and Devereaux Peters each added 10 for the Irish, who have won seven games in a row.
Aimee Litka scored 17 points to lead the Crusaders (3-6), who were outrebounded, 36-22, and committed 27 turnovers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
VALPARAISO 22 34 56
NOTRE DAME (17) 47 47 94 FINAL
Dec 12 8:53 PM
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Top-seed Notre Dame beats 16-seed North Carolina A&T 95-61 Mar 19
- NC A&T-Notre Dame Preview Mar 18
- No. 2 Notre Dame wins 3rd straight ACC Tournament title Mar 6
- No. 2 Notre Dame beats No. 21 Miami 78-67 in ACC semifinals Mar 5