Morrow's season-high 22 powers No. 11 Baylor past St. John'sDec 22, 2007 - 7:59 PM JAMAICA, New York (Ticker) -- Jessica Morrow scored a season-high 22 points on Saturday as No. 11 Baylor defeated St. John's, 81-58.
Danielle Wilson scored 15 points and had 10 rebounds for the Lady Bears (9-1).
Tiina Sten and Kia Wright each scored 13 points to lead the Red Storm (8-4), who got just four points from freshman Sky Lindsay. Lindsay entered the game as St. John's second-leading scorer at 10.3 points.
A 7-0 run midway through the second half with it leading by 11 points put the game away for Baylor. St. John's got no closer than 14 points the rest of the way.
With the score tied at 10-10, Baylor went on a 15-0 run over the next 5:28 to take a 25-10 lead midway through the first half. St. John's responded with a 16-7 run to close the gap to 32-26 on a 3-pointer by Sten.
Baylor scored the next nine points to extend its lead back to 15 points and led, 44-34, at halftime. The Lady Bears shot 59 percent (17-for-29) in the first half.
Rachel Allison scored 14 points and had nine rebounds, while Angela Tisdale added 12 points and three steals for Baylor.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
BAYLOR (11) 44 37 81
ST JOHNS 34 24 58 FINAL
Dec 22 1:55 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(11) BAYLOR 44
ST JOHNS 34 HALFTIME
Dec 22 12:51 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Auburn women win in 1st NCAA since '09, beating St. John's Mar 18
- Top-seeded Baylor women roll 89-59 over Idaho to NCAA opener Mar 18