No. 23 Oklahoma sets record in rout of Central ArkansasDec 22, 2007 - 10:28 PM STILLWATER, Oklahoma (Ticker) -- Reserve Kristin Hernandez scored 20 points to lead No. 23 Oklahoma State to its most lopsided victory in program history, 107-36, over Central Arkansas on Saturday.
The Cowgirls (10-1) scored the first 13 points and never were challenged by the Sugar Bears (2-9), a team that dressed only eight players. Central Arkansas, coming off a 121-48 loss on Thursday at Oklahoma, is in its second season in NCAA Division I.
Oklahoma State's previous most lopsided win was 112-56 against Tulsa on February 25, 1978, and recorded its highest point total since a 109-56 rout of Nicholls State on December 15, 1996.
Andrea Riley scored 17 points and Danielle Green 15 for the Cowgirls, who led, 30-1, before Central Arkansas scored its first basket with 11:32 left in the first half. The Sugar Bears managed consecutive baskets only once.
All but one of Oklahoma State's 13 players scored. The Cowgirls went 38-of-69 from the field (55.1 percent) and outrebounded Central Arkansas, 60-28.
Kia Lee scored 11 points to lead the Sugar Bears, who committed 31 turnovers. Their only wins this season have come against Grambling State and Division II Arkansas-Monticello.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
CENTRAL ARK 15 21 36
OKLAHOMA ST (23) 61 46 107 FINAL
Dec 22 2:23 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
CENTRAL ARK 15
(23) OKLAHOMA ST 61 HALFTIME
Dec 22 1:20 PM
- Healy leads St. Bonaventure past Oklahoma State, 65-54 Mar 18
- Louisville tops Central Arkansas 87-60, Hines-Allen Mar 18
- St. Bonaventure-Oklahoma St. Preview Mar 17
- Cent. Arkansas-Louisville Preview Mar 17
- Top-seeded Central Arkansas women head to first NCAA tourney Mar 13
- No. 24 Oklahoma women top rival OSU 61-43 in Big 12 tourney Mar 5
- West Virginia women whip No. 22 Oklahoma State 82-48 Feb 27
- No. 22 Oklahoma State women beat Kansas 71-49 Feb 24
- Medley sets record as TCU women upset No. 17 Oklahoma State Feb 20
- No. 4 Baylor women avenge only loss, 66-41 over No. 17 OSU Feb 17
- No. 20 Oklahoma St. women smother No. 24 West Virginia 63-51 Feb 13
- McCarty leads No. 6 Texas past No. 20 Oklahoma State 70-55 Feb 10