No. 24 Arizona State holds on to defeat UCLADec 29, 2007 - 4:25 AM TEMPE, Arizona (Ticker) -- Reagan Pariseau scored a game-high 20 points on Friday as No. 24 Arizona State defeated UCLA, 62-59, in the Pac-10 opener for both teams.
Lauren Lacey scored 18 points and also had 10 rebounds for the Sun Devils (7-5), who are 3-3 in their last six games.
Briann January scored 10 points and added five assists and four steals for Arizona State.
Winners of their last four conference openers going back to 2003-04 campaign, the Sun Devils have either tied or set the school record for most conference victories in each of the last three seasons, winning 12 (tied school record) in 2004-05, 14 in 2005-06 and 16 last season.
Darxia Morris scored 14 points and also had four assists and five steals for the Bruins (5-7). Lindsey Pluimer and Doreena Campbell each scored 12 points for UCLA. Campbell also had six rebounds and eight assists.
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Jordin Canada leads UCLA into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21
- South Florida-UCLA Preview Mar 20
- Guards highlight UCLA-South Florida in NCAA Tournament Mar 20
- Fields leads UCLA past Hawaii in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Tennessee-Arizona St. Preview Mar 19
- Arizona State not looking past inconsistent Tennessee Mar 19
- Arizona State opens NCAAs with 74-52 win over NM State Mar 18
- Hawaii-UCLA Preview Mar 18