VanDerveer reaches milestone in Stanford routDec 29, 2007 - 7:32 AM PALO ALTO, California (Ticker) -- Kayla Pedersen scored 18 points and grabbed eight rebounds as second-ranked Stanford routed Washington State, 105-47, in the Pac-10 Conference opener for both teams on Friday.
Cissy Pierce finished with 16 points and Candice Wiggins and Jeanette Pohlen scored 14 apiece for the Cardinal (11-1, 1-0 Pac-10), who captured the 700th career win for coach Tara VanDerveer.
VanDerveer is the seventh coach in Division I to reach that milestone.
Limiting Washington State to just nine field goals in the first half, Stanford built a 48-23 advantage at the half before cruising to its eighth straight win.
Alexa Price had nine points for the Cougars (3-9, 0-1), who shot 33 percent (17-of-52).
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
WASHINGTON ST 24 23 47
STANFORD (2) 48 57 105 FINAL
Dec 28 11:44 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WASHINGTON ST 24
(2) STANFORD 48 HALFTIME
Dec 28 10:48 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18