Atunrase scores 22 as Texas A&M rollsJan 4, 2008 - 7:32 AM COLLEGE STATION, Texas (Ticker) -- Morenike Atunrase scored 22 points as No. 12 Texas A&M rolled to an 84-53 victory over Stephen F. Austin on Thursday.
Danielle Gant added 15 points and six rebounds and Patrice Reado chipped in 10 points for the Aggies, who won their third straight game.
Texas A&M (11-2) took a 43-29 lead at the half, but the Lumberjacks scored the first seven points of the second half to pull within 43-34. Undaunted, the Aggies ripped off a 19-2 run behind eight points from Gant and five from Atunrase to put away the game.
Whitney Cormier scored 14 points as the only player in double figures for Stephen F. Austin (3-8), which managed just 39 percent (22-of-56) shooting.
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Tennessee women beat No. 15 A&M 70-60 for 3rd straight win Mar 4
- No. 15 Kentucky women defeat No. 11 Texas A&M 71-58 Feb 28
- No. 11 Texas A&M women win 6th straight, beat Auburn 57-49 Feb 25
- No. 12 Texas A&M women win 20th, beat Vanderbilt 75-63 Feb 21
- No. 12 Texas A&M women pull away in 4th, beat LSU 68-54 Feb 18
- No. 12 Texas A&M women beat Ole Miss 62-48 Feb 15