Allison helps Baylor pull away from Texas StateJan 5, 2008 - 4:59 AM WACO, Texas (Ticker) -- Rachel Allison scored 17 of her 23 points in the second half to go along with 13 rebounds as ninth-ranked Baylor used a second-half surge to post an 84-57 victory over Texas State on Friday.
Angela Tisdale added 19 points for the Bears, who held a 39-31 lead at intermission.
Baylor (12-1) went on a 10-0 run early in the second half for a 51-33 advantage with just under 16 minutes remaining. Texas State cut the deficit to 13 with 6:53 to play, but Baylor answered with 17 straight points to take its largest lead at 84-54 with 1:22 left.
Victoria Davis and Tamarra Evans-Sluga each scored 13 points to lead the Bobcats (6-7), who shot just 34 percent (22-of-64) from the field.
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Top-seeded Baylor women roll 89-59 over Idaho to NCAA opener Mar 18
- Idaho-Baylor Preview Mar 17