Charles, Connecticut pound PurdueJan 6, 2008 - 9:54 PM WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana (Ticker) -- Tina Charles had 17 points and 16 rebounds as top-ranked Connecticut rolled to a 100-50 victory over Purdue on Sunday.
Charles shot 7-of-12 from the field and grabbed nine offensive boards as the Huskies (13-0) handed the Boilermakers their most lopsided loss of the season.
Brittany Hunter scored 15 points and Renee Montgomery added 13 and eight assists for Connecticut, which raced out to a 53-14 lead at the half after holding Purdue to 4-of-26 from the field (15 percent).
The Boilermakers went nearly 11 minutes without a field goal in the first half.
Danielle Campbell had 12 points and Lakisha Freeman added 10 for Purdue (6-8), which went 1-of-13 on 3-pointers and committed 21 turnovers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
CONNECTICUT (1) 53 47 100
PURDUE 14 36 50 FINAL
Jan 6 3:28 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(1) CONNECTICUT 53
PURDUE 14 HALFTIME
Jan 6 2:22 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2