Robinson helps Oklahoma stave off Iowa StateJan 10, 2008 - 4:16 AM AMES, Iowa (Ticker) -- Freshman Danielle Robinson scored a season-high 23 points as No. 6 Oklahoma held off Iowa State, 67-64, on Wednesday.
Oklahoma (10-2, 1-0 Big 12) won its 10th straight game despite not having Courtney Paris for most of the contest. Paris scored 12 points and grabbed 15 rebounds while battling foul trouble.
Iowa State (11-3, 0-1) used an 11-0 run to take a one-point lead at 61-60 with 55 seconds remaining in the second half. However, the Sooners hit seven straight free throws, and survived a 3-pointer at the buzzer that would have tied the game.
Kelsey Bolte scored 23 points for the Cyclones, who had their three-game winning streak snapped.
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Apr 29
- Moody's attorney, Iowa State disagree on university ruling Apr 19
- APNewsBreak: Former Iowa St star Nikki Moody sues coach Apr 18
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18
- Jones leads No. 4 Baylor in 84-57 win over No. 24 Oklahoma Mar 6
- No. 24 Oklahoma women top rival OSU 61-43 in Big 12 tourney Mar 5
- Texas Tech women beat Iowa St. 89-84 in Big 12 tournament Mar 4
- No. 22 West Virginia women cruise past Iowa State 82-57 Mar 1