Moore, Connecticut fend off Louisville to remain unbeatenJan 13, 2008 - 1:00 AM LOUISVILLE, Kentucky (Ticker) -- Freshman Maya Moore scored 23 points to lead five scorers in double figures as top-ranked Connecticut used a late push to post a 92-71 victory over Louisville in the Big East Conference on Saturday.
Tina Charles had 19 points and 14 rebounds and Renee Montgomery and Ketia Swanier scored 12 apiece for the Huskies (15-0, 3-0), who won their 28th consecutive regular-season contest.
Despite finishing with a 21-point margin, Connecticut saw Louisville close within 10 with nine minutes remaining. The Huskies proved up to the challenge, finishing 56 percent (20-of-36) from the field in the second half with six 3-pointers.
Angel McCoughtry had 30 points, 11 rebounds and four steals for the Cardinals (11-5, 0-3), who dropped their third straight game.
Keshia Hines scored 13 points and Chauntise Wright added 12 and eight boards for Louisville, which shot 42 percent (31-of-74).
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2