Packer scores 18 as No. 19 Ohio State cruisesJan 14, 2008 - 1:10 AM EVANSTON, Illinois (Ticker) -- Marscilla Packer scored 18 points as No. 19 Ohio State defeated Northwestern, 77-55, in a Big Ten Conference game on Sunday.
Jantel Lavender added 15 points and 12 rebounds for the Buckeyes (13-3, 4-1 Big Ten).
Leading 35-30, Ohio State opened the second half with a 22-9 run to take a 57-39 lead with 10:18 left. Lavender scored seven points in the spurt.
Freshman Amy Jaeschke scored a career-high 24 points and grabbed eight rebounds for the Wildcats (4-13, 0-5).
Meshia Reed, who finished with 11 points, hit consecutive 3-pointers to give the Northwestern a 28-18 lead with 7:41 left in the first half before Ohio State went on a 17-2 run to close the half.
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- Ohio State smothers Buffalo to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Buffalo-Ohio St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 19 Spartans, special Powers rout No. 9 Buckeyes 82-63 Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- Coffey, Northwestern women upset Indiana in Big Ten Mar 4