Parker, Tennessee continue perfect start in SECJan 20, 2008 - 11:57 PM KNOXVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Candace Parker had 19 points and 12 rebounds as second-ranked Tennessee posted a 79-63 victory over Vanderbilt in the Southeastern Conference on Sunday.
Shannon Bobbitt scored 14 points and Alexis Hornbuckle and Alex Fuller added 10 apiece for the Lady Vols (16-1, 4-0 SEC), who captured their sixth consecutive win.
Parker went 9-of-12 from the field to highlight a stellar shooting effort for Tennessee, which finished 50 percent (29-of-58) despite going 3-of-14 on 3-pointers.
Christina Wirth scored 24 points and collected four steals for the Commodores (13-6, 2-2), who attempted only nine free throws and committed 24 turnovers.
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Apr 27
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23