Allison, Tisdale help Baylor cruise past NebraskaJan 27, 2008 - 4:32 AM WACO, Texas (Ticker) -- Rachel Allison had 20 points and Angela Tisdale added 17 as sixth-ranked Baylor recovered from a slow start and cruised past Nebraska, 76-56, in a Big 12 Conference matchup on Saturday.
Baylor (18-1, 6-0 Big 12) trailed by 10 at 16-6 less than four minutes into the contest before using a 20-2 run to take an eight-point lead.
The Bears led by 12 at the half and maintained the double-digit advantage throughout the second half. Jessica Morrow's 3-pointer gave Baylor its largest lead at 59-37 with 10:48 remaining.
Kelsey Griffin had 12 points and eight rebounds and Tay Hester added 10 for the Cornhuskers (15-5, 4-2), who shot just 33 percent (17-of-52) for the game.
Baylor outscored Nebraska, 38-18, in the paint and had a 23-8 advantage in second chance points.
- New Nebraska women's assistants will be paid $140,000 each Apr 25
- New Nebraska women's coach has fewer perks in contract Apr 19
- Building trust top priority for new Nebraska women's coach Apr 12
- Huskers act quickly to replace Yori, hire SD's Amy Williams Apr 11
- Nebraska's Natalie Romeo: 'Immature' players pushed out Yori Apr 9
- Huskers pay women's coach Connie Yori $1.2 million to leave Apr 7
- Nebraska coach Connie Yori resigns after 14 seasons Apr 5
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26