Harrison helps Pittsburgh stay undefeated in Big EastJan 27, 2008 - 9:57 PM PITTSBURGH (Ticker) -- Taneisha Harrison scored 10 of her 18 points in the second half to lead 21st-ranked Pittsburgh to a 76-67 victory over Louisville in a Big East Conference battle on Sunday.
Xenia Stewart added 16 points on 5-of-6 shooting and Marcedes Walker added 11 points and 11 rebounds for the Panthers, who stayed undefeated in conference play with a staunch defensive effort - holding the Cardinals to 38 percent (24-of-64) shooting.
Trailing 35-31 at the half, Pittsburgh (16-3, 6-0 Big East) opened the second with a 19-4 run to take a 50-39 lead with 11:41 to play. Shavonte Zellous scored six points during the spurt.
Harrison took over down the stretch, scoring all 10 of her second-half points in the final 8:22 to clinch the win.
The loss wasted a stellar effort from forward Angel McCoughtry, who scored 33 points and grabbed nine rebounds for Louisville (13-7, 2-5).
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
LOUISVILLE 35 32 67
PITTSBURGH (21) 31 45 76 FINAL
Jan 27 4:34 PM
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- Louisville tops Central Arkansas 87-60, Hines-Allen Mar 18
- Cent. Arkansas-Louisville Preview Mar 17
- NCAA games in Louisville match 4 teams on late-season rolls Mar 17
- Louisville coach writes to fans' bosses about skipping work Mar 16
- No. 17 Syracuse women beat No. 7 Louisville 80-75 in ACCs Mar 5
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- Motley, Hayes lead No. 21 Miami women past Pitt 77-55 Mar 3
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 10 Louisville women coast to 65-36 win over Pitt Feb 28