Bonner's 27 sparks Auburn past AlabamaJan 27, 2008 - 11:14 PM TUSCALOOSA, Alabama (Ticker) -- DeWanna Bonner scored 27 points and pulled down seven rebounds to lead 22nd-ranked Auburn to a 62-48 victory over Alabama on Sunday in a Southeastern Conference matchup.
Sherell Hobbs added 17 points for the Tigers, who snapped a two-game slide and won for just the second time in their last seven games.
Despite making just nine second-half field goals, Auburn (14-6, 2-3 SEC) extended its 27-24 halftime advantage by making it to the free throw line and converting 15-of-17 chances in the final 20 minutes. Bonner and Hobbs combined to go 13-of-15 from the line in the contest.
Camilla Blands scored 13 points on 5-of-9 shooting to lead Alabama (8-12, 1-4), which dropped its fourth straight.
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Auburn women win in 1st NCAA since '09, beating St. John's Mar 18
- Auburn-St. John's Preview Mar 17
- No. 3 South Carolina women turn up D, beat Auburn 57-48 Mar 4
- Auburn women hold off Missouri 47-45 in SEC second round Mar 3
- LSU beats Alabama 58-49 in opener of SEC women's tourney Mar 2
- No. 16 Mississippi State women turn back Alabama 61-52 Feb 28
- Alabama women end 42-game skid against Tennessee, 54-46 Feb 25
- No. 11 Texas A&M women win 6th straight, beat Auburn 57-49 Feb 25
- Coates, No. 3 South Carolina rout Alabama 66-46 Feb 22