Starks leads Texas A&M women over MissouriJan 30, 2008 - 3:58 AM COLLEGE STATION, Texas (Ticker) -- Takia Starks scored 18 points as 23rd-ranked Texas A&M cruised to a 62-43 victory over Missouri on Tuesday in a Big 12 Conference matchup.
Danielle Gant had 16 points and seven rebounds and Patrice Reado added 11 and six for the Aggies (15-6, 3-4 Big 12), who have won back-to-back contests after losing four of their first five conference games.
Texas A&M shot just 36 percent (24-of-66) from the field but grabbed 17 offensive rebounds, which led to 16 second-chance points.
Shakara Jones finished with 15 points on 7-of-8 shooting and Alyssa Hollins added 12 points for the Tigers (8-12, 1-6), who shot 43 percent (20-of-47) and committed 29 turnovers en route to their fifth straight loss.
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20
- Cunningham powers No. 10 Missouri over No. 7 BYU 78-69 Mar 19
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Missouri-BYU Preview Mar 18
- Tennessee women beat No. 15 A&M 70-60 for 3rd straight win Mar 4