Moore, Montgomery help Connecticut coastJan 31, 2008 - 5:03 AM STORRS, Connecticut (Ticker) -- Maya Moore had 23 points and six assists and Renee Montgomery scored 21 as top-ranked Connecticut cruised to a 71-48 victory over South Florida in a Big East Conference mismatch on Wednesday.
The Huskies (20-0, 7-0 Big East) used an 11-0 run - nine from Moore and Montgomery combined - midway through the first half to take a commanding 30-14 lead with 5:30 left before the intermission.
Connecticut held a 20-point advantage at the break and led by at least 16 throughout the second half.
Shantia Grace had 15 points for the Bulls (11-7, 1-6), who shot just 30 percent (17-of-57) for the game.
South Florida has now lost seven of its last eight contests.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
SOUTH FLORIDA 22 26 48
CONNECTICUT (1) 42 29 71 FINAL
Jan 30 8:54 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
SOUTH FLORIDA 22
(1) CONNECTICUT 42 HALFTIME
Jan 30 7:48 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2