Bobbitt, Parker help Tennessee crush MississippiFeb 1, 2008 - 4:46 AM OXFORD, Mississippi (Ticker) -- Shannon Bobbitt scored 14 points as No. 2 Tennessee crushed Southeastern Conference opponent Mississippi, 68-44, on Thursday.
Wooden Award candidate Candace Parker had 13 points and eight rebounds and reserve Alex Fuller scored 11 for the Lady Vols (19-1, 6-0 SEC), who won their ninth consecutive game overall and their 16th straight against the Lady Rebels (8-11, 2-4).
Bobbitt and Parker combined to make 12-of-18 shots from the floor for Tennessee, which owned a 28-point halftime lead. The Lady Vols, who owned an 18-3 edge in second-chance points, shot 46 percent (26-of-56).
Shawn Goff scored 20 points and grabbed 12 rebounds for Ole Miss, which shot 28 percent (20-of-72) in dropping to 7-32 all-time vs. Tennessee.
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21