Walker, Vital help California stay atop Pac-10Feb 1, 2008 - 6:52 AM BERKELEY, California (Ticker) -- Ashley Walker had 18 points and 10 rebounds and Natasha Vital added 16 and seven as ninth-ranked California cruised to a 67-53 victory over Pac-10 rival UCLA on Thursday.
The Golden Bears (18-3, 9-1 Pac-10) held a 36-25 lead at the break and maintained its double-digit advantage throughout the second half to remain the lone one-loss team in the conference.
California held UCLA to just 32 percent (22-of-68) shooting, including a dismal 2-of-14 from the arc.
Doreena Campbell had 10 points to pace the Bruins (11-10, 6-4), who were swept by the Golden Bears in the two-game regular season series for the first time since the 2000-01 campaign.
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Jordin Canada leads UCLA into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- South Florida-UCLA Preview Mar 20
- Guards highlight UCLA-South Florida in NCAA Tournament Mar 20
- Fields leads UCLA past Hawaii in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Hawaii-UCLA Preview Mar 18
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- Billings leads No. 12 UCLA past Arizona 72-51. Mar 4
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- California tops Utah in overtime 66-63 to advance in Pac-12 Mar 3