Quigley, Naughton lead as DePaul routs VillanovaFeb 3, 2008 - 6:48 AM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Allie Quigley scored 23 points and pulled down seven rebounds and Deirdre Naughton added 21 points as No. 24 DePaul used a big first half to cruise to a 78-55 win over Villanova in a Big East Conference battle.
Natasha Williams chipped in 12 points for the Blue Devils, who shot 12-of-23 from the arc and dominated on the inside, holding a 40-23 rebounding edge and blocking six shots.
DePaul (16-5, 5-3 Big East) came out hot in the opening half, shooting 13-of-22 from the floor and 9-of-15 from the arc. Quigley hit 5-of-6 3-point attempts in the first half to give the Blue Devils a 44-28 lead at the break.
Lisa Karcic scored 17 points for Villanova (12-10, 2-7), which shot just 36 percent (19-of-53) and has lost three in a row and five of six.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- St. John's women upset No. 18 DePaul 75-66 in Big East semis Mar 7
- No. 19 DePaul women beat Marquette 98-65 Feb 27
- Villanova's Harry Perretta picks up 700th win Feb 21
- No. 21 DePaul women roll to 78-52 win over Creighton Feb 21