Cole's balanced attack leads Pitt past Seton HallFeb 7, 2008 - 3:58 AM PITTSBURGH (Ticker) -- Chelsea Cole scored 17 points and Taneisha Harrison added 13 as No. 15 Pittsburgh posted a 64-44 victory over Seton Hall on Wednesday in a Big East Conference matchup.
Cole, who was a near-perfect 8-of-9 from the field, scored eight points in the first half as the Panthers (18-4, 8-1 Big East) held a 31-28 lead at the break. She added another nine points in the final 20 minutes for Pittsburgh, which outscored Seton Hall, 33-16, in the second half.
Xenia Stewart and Shavonte Zellous each scored 10 points, Cole blocked four shots and Sophronia Sallard pulled down 10 rebounds for the Panthers, who received 18 points from their bench and held a 13-2 advantage in points off turnovers.
Ebonie Williams was the only player in double digits with 13 points for the Pirates (13-8, 3-6), who shot just 36 percent (16-of-44) but were 4-of-6 on 3-point attempts.
- Duquesne beats Seton Hall 97-76 in NCAA tournament debut Mar 19
- Duquesne-Seton Hall Preview Mar 18
- Motley, Hayes lead No. 21 Miami women past Pitt 77-55 Mar 3
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 10 Louisville women coast to 65-36 win over Pitt Feb 28
- Butler leads No. 23 Syracuse women past Pittsburgh 70-56 Feb 21
- No. 12 Louisville women defeat Pittsburgh 84-61 Feb 11
- Powell scores 24; Seton Hall beats No. 23 DePaul women 83-74 Jan 29
- No. 16 Florida State women beat Pitt 66-55 Jan 17
- St. John's edges No. 25 Seton Hall women 71-69 Jan 9
- No. 24 DePaul women beat 25th-ranked Seton Hall 86-74 Jan 5
- No. 3 Notre Dame beats Pitt for McGraw's 800th win Jan 3