Grant powers Texas A&M to fourth straight winFeb 9, 2008 - 8:03 PM COLLEGE STATION, Texas (Ticker) -- Danielle Grant scored 25 points to lead No. 20 Texas A&M to a 66-57 victory over Texas in Big 12 Conference action on Saturday.
Patrice Reado had 10 points and nine rebounds while A'Quonesia Franklin added nine points and 10 assists for the Aggies (17-6, 5-4 Big 12), who have won four straight conference games.
Texas A&M jumped out to a 39-22 halftime advantage as it shot 48 percent (13-for-28) from the field while holding Texas to just 31 percent (7-for-22). The Aggies also outrebounded their in-state rival, 39-26.
Earnesia Williams scored 12 points to pace the Longhorns (15-8, 3-6), who dropped their second straight game.
- UConn heads to 9th straight Final Four after beating Texas Mar 28
- Texas-UConn Preview Mar 27
- Auriemma has no apologies for UConn's dominance Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20