Moore, Connecticut pound Seton HallFeb 9, 2008 - 10:19 PM EAST RUTHERFORD,New Jersey (Ticker) -- Maya Moore and Connecticut had very few issues in bouncing back from their first loss of the season.
Moore had 28 points and 14 rebounds as the top-ranked Huskies rolled to an 82-36 victory over Seton Hall in the Big East Conference on Saturday.
Tina Charles scored 18 points and Renee Montgomery added 17 and five assists for UConn (22-1, 9-1 Big East), which became the last team in the nation to absorb a loss with a 73-71 setback at No. 7 Rutgers on Tuesday.
In this one, the Huskies shot 48.5 percent (16-of-33) in the first half en route to opening up a 26-point lead at the break, 44-18.
Ebonie Williams was the lone player in double figures with 11 points for the Pirates (13-9, 3-7), who went 21 percent (12-of-56) from the field and committed 26 turnovers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
CONNECTICUT (1) 44 38 82
SETON HALL 18 18 36 FINAL
Feb 9 3:56 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(1) CONNECTICUT 44
SETON HALL 18 HALFTIME
Feb 9 2:57 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2