Moore's 25 points helps Connecticut cruise past GeorgetownFeb 13, 2008 - 4:15 AM STORRS, Connecticut (Ticker) -- Freshman Maya Moore scored 25 points and grabbed nine rebounds as No. 2 Connecticut crushed Georgetown, 80-48, in Big East Conference play on Tuesday.
Tina Charles had 19 points and eight boards and Renee Montgomery scored 14 points - including four 3-pointers - for the Huskies (23-1, 10-1 Big East), who have won two straight since suffering a 73-71 loss to then No. 7 Rutgers last Tuesday.
Moore, who connected on 10-of-15 from the floor, helped Connecticut go on a 21-0 run early in the first half to help put this game out of reach. The Huskies led, 10-6, before the burst gave them a 31-6 advantage.
Connecticut shot 51 percent (30-of-59).
Aminata Diop scored 11 points and Meredith Cox had nine for Georgetown (13-10, 3-7), which shot 30 percent (19-of-64) and was outrebounded, 48-31.
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2