Dietz, Kansas State hold off Iowa StateFeb 14, 2008 - 4:51 AM AMES, Iowa (Ticker) -- Kimberly Dietz scored 20 points and No. 17 Kansas State remained atop the Big 12 Conference, holding on for a 45-42 victory over Iowa State on Wednesday.
Marlies Gipson added 12 points, eight rebounds and six blocks for the Wildcats (17-6, 9-1 Big 12), who had a 26-17 lead at the break.
But the Cyclones (15-8, 4-6) stayed close, and trailed by only one point with under one minute to play. Alison Lacey, who led Iowa State with 13 points, had two chances to give the Cyclones the lead but missed both tries, sealing the victory for Kansas State.
Lacey finished the game shooting 5-of-22 from the floor for Iowa State, which connected on only 4-of-21 3-pointers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
KANSAS ST (17) 26 19 45
IOWA ST 17 25 42 FINAL
Feb 13 9:51 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(17) KANSAS ST 26
IOWA ST 17 HALFTIME
Feb 13 8:44 PM
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Apr 29
- Moody's attorney, Iowa State disagree on university ruling Apr 19
- APNewsBreak: Former Iowa St star Nikki Moody sues coach Apr 18
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Kansas St.-South Carolina Preview Mar 19
- Top seeded South Carolina led by dominating duo in NCAA play Mar 19
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- No. 22 West Virginia women top Kansas St. in Big 12 tourney Mar 5
- Texas Tech women beat Iowa St. 89-84 in Big 12 tournament Mar 4
- No. 22 West Virginia women cruise past Iowa State 82-57 Mar 1
- Baylor wins at least share of sixth-straight Big 12 crown Feb 27