Balanced attack, defense keys Stanford's 11th straight winFeb 15, 2008 - 6:54 AM PALO ALTO, California (Ticker) -- Kayla Pedersen scored 18 points and Candice Wiggins added 16 and six rebounds as sixth-ranked Stanford cruised to its 11th straight win, 69-46, over Arizona in Pac-10 Conference action on Thursday.
The Cardinal (23-3, 12-2 Pac-10) have won their last seven straight by double digits and used a 10-2 run at the end of the first half to open up a 32-18 lead at the break.
Stanford increased its lead to 45-25 with 13:31 remaining and the Wildcats never got closer than 13 for the rest of the game.
Jayne Appel had 12 points and 11 rebounds and J.J. Hones chipped in 10 points for the Cardinal, who made only 6-of-29 shots from the arc, but forced 22 turnovers.
Ify Ibekwe had 16 points and eight rebounds and Amina Njonkou added 14 and six for the Wildcats (9-15, 3-10), who shot just 35 percent (17-of-48) from the floor.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
ARIZONA 27 19 46
STANFORD (6) 30 39 69 FINAL
Feb 14 11:54 PM
- Arizona hires Barnes as next women's basketball coach Apr 4
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18