Wiggins scores 23 as Stanford rollsFeb 17, 2008 - 1:15 AM PALO ALTO, California (Ticker) -- Candice Wiggins scored 23 points and helped Stanford pull away in the second half in a 79-57 victory over Arizona State in a Pac-10 Conference battle on Saturday.
Rosalyn Gold-Onwude added 17 points and three 3-pointers and Jayne Appel chipped in 17 points, nine rebounds and six assists for the Cardinal (24-3, 13-2 Pac-10), who led just 38-32 at the half.
Wiggins connected on 8-of-14 shots from the floor and added five steals as Stanford shot 54 percent (31-of-57) and held a 29-22 edge on the boards.
Dymond Simon scored 13 points for Arizona State (16-9, 10-4), which shot 51 percent (23-of-45) but committed 22 turnovers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tennessee-Arizona St. Preview Mar 19