Fowles' double-double powers No. 7 LSUFeb 18, 2008 - 12:54 AM BATON ROUGE, Louisiana (Ticker) -- There was no letdown for No. 7 Louisiana State on Sunday against Mississippi.
Sylvia Fowles scored 19 of her 22 points in the first half and Allison Hightower came off the bench to score 13 points in the Lady Tigers' 78-48 victory over the Lady Rebels in a Southeastern Conference game.
LSU jumped out to a 19-8 lead in the first seven minutes, an advantage that increased to 20 points before the Lady Tigers (22-3, 11-0 SEC) settled for a 44-29 edge at the break.
The victory enabled LSU to remain in first place ahead of No. 1 Tennessee. The Lady Tigers defeated the Lady Vols, 78-62, on the road Thursday to take over the top spot.
Shawn Goff and Elizabeth Robertson each scored 11 points for Ole Miss (10-14, 4-7). The Lady Rebels were outrebounded, 47-33, and outscored, 26-14, in the paint.
Ashley Thomas scored 10 points for LSU. Fowles finished with a game-high 14 rebounds.
- No. 13 Kentucky women eliminate LSU from SEC tourney 79-71 Mar 3
- Reed, Vanderbilt women roll to 74-59 victory over Ole Miss Mar 2
- LSU beats Alabama 58-49 in opener of SEC women's tourney Mar 2
- Mitchell scores 24 in No. 3 South Carolina's 75-39 victory Feb 28
- Wilson has 16, No. 3 South Carolina tops Mississippi 66-45 Feb 25
- No. 14 Mississippi State women sweep Ole Miss 60-51 Feb 21
- LSU hands No. 24 Tennessee women 2nd loss in 3 games 57-56 Feb 21
- No. 12 Texas A&M women pull away in 4th, beat LSU 68-54 Feb 18
- No. 24 Lady Vols rally late to beat Ole Miss 57-51 Feb 18
- No. 12 Texas A&M women beat Ole Miss 62-48 Feb 15
- Thompson sparks No. 18 Kentucky women to 70-58 win over LSU Feb 7
- Vivians leads No. 11 Mississippi State to 71-52 win over LSU Feb 4