Moore, Connecticut blow past MarquetteFeb 21, 2008 - 4:58 AM STORRS, Connecticut (Ticker) -- Freshman Maya Moore scored 31 points and Tina Charles added 23 and 10 rebounds as top-ranked Connecticut cruised to a 95-63 victory over Marquette in Big East Conference action on Wednesday.
Renee Montgomery chipped in 16 points for the Huskies, who used an 18-0 burst to take a 42-11 lead with 7:21 left in the first half.
Connecticut (25-1, 12-1 Big East), which outscored Marquette 52-24 in the paint, led 60-22 at the intermission and was never threatened in the second half.
The Huskies also shot 69 percent (25-of-36) over the opening 20 minutes, compared to just 27 percent (10-of-37) for Marquette.
Angel Robinson scored 22 points to pace the Golden Eagles (14-12, 6-7), who committed 23 turnovers and shot 30 percent (22-of-73) from the field.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2