Parker, Tennessee cruise past AlabamaFeb 22, 2008 - 3:08 AM TUSCALOOSA, Alabama (Ticker) -- Candace Parker scored 19 points and Nicky Anosike had 12 and eight rebounds as third-ranked Tennessee cruised to an 85-58 victory over Alabama in Southeastern Conference action on Thursday.
Vicki Baugh scored 12 points off the bench for Tennessee (24-2, 10-1 SEC), which forced 26 turnovers and outrebounded the Crimson Tide, 43-30, in the contest.
Angie Bjorklund scored her only nine points of the game during a 17-2 spurt over the first 4 1/2 minutes of the contest for the Volunteers. Tennessee, which led by 20 at the half, maintained its double-digit lead for the remainder of the game.
Tierney Jenkins scored 12 points to pace Alabama (8-19, 1-11), which has lost 11 straight games.
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21