Jones' double-double leads Syracuse over CincinnatiFeb 23, 2008 - 9:55 PM SYRACUSE, New York (Ticker) -- Chandrea Jones scored 18 points and grabbed 11 rebounds as No. 24 Syracuse notched its first 20-win season in 20 years with a 66-56 victory over Cincinnati in the Big East Conference on Saturday.
Jones shot 6-of-13 from the field, grabbed five offensive boards and collected three steals as the Orange (20-6, 8-5 Big East) reached 20 wins for the first time since 1987-88.
Erica Morrow had 16 points and Fantasia Goodwin added 13 and seven rebounds for Syracuse, which turned 24 turnovers from the Bearcats into 28 points.
Kahla Roudebush scored 17 points and Jill Stephens chipped in 10 and 14 for Cincinnati (11-15, 2-12), which shot 27 percent (7-of-26) in the second half to see a two-point halftime lead disappear.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Wagner guard Jasmine Nwajei transferring to Syracuse May 17
- Syracuse defense cracks under UConn onslaught in title game Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Syracuse hoping for big payoff from run to championship game Apr 4
- Syracuse women beat Washington 80-59, reach NCAA title game Apr 4
- Washington-Syracuse Preview Apr 2
- Huskies, Orange try to keep changes under wraps for rematch Apr 2
- Syracuse women reach new heights under Coach Q Mar 31
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26