Swanier, Moore spark UConn to rout of St. John'sFeb 24, 2008 - 12:46 AM STORRS, Connecticut (Ticker) -- Ketia Swanier scored 20 points and freshman phenom Maya Moore added a double-double to lead No. 1 Connecticut to a 98-41 pasting of St. John's in a Big East Conference matchup on Saturday.
Swanier was 7-of-10 from the field, including 6-of-9 from the arc for the Huskies (26-1, 13-1 Big East), who led 52-27 at the half.
Moore also had a strong shooting game, converting 7-of-14 from the floor and adding 18 points to go along with 11 rebounds.
Connecticut thoroughly dominated the game by holding a 42-8 advantage in the paint and turning 20 turnovers into 31 points.
Kelly McManmon scored 15 points for St. John's (13-13, 4-9).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2