Williamson, Allen power Notre Dame past DePaulFeb 24, 2008 - 11:16 PM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Erica Williamson scored 16 points to lead No. 14 Notre Dame past DePaul, 66-64, in Big East Conference action on Sunday.
Charel Allen added 12 points, seven rebounds and five assists for the Fighting Irish (21-6, 9-4 Big East), who have won six of their last seven contests.
The game was close throughout as neither team could establish more than a seven-point advantage. However, after Allen hit 1-of-2 from the foul line to give Notre Dame a 66-64 advantage with 11 seconds remaining, the Irish smothered the Blue Demons' offense, not allowing DePaul to get a shot off before the horn sounded.
Allie Quigley had 21 points for the Blue Demons (18-8, 7-6), who failed in their third attempt to establish a three-game winning streak this season.
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20