Starks helps Texas A&M edge Texas for third timeFeb 24, 2008 - 11:42 PM AUSTIN, Texas (Ticker) -- Takia Starks poured in 22 points to lead three others in double figures as No. 19 Texas A&M posted a 65-50 victory over Texas in Sunday's Big 12 Conference matchup.
Danielle Gant and A'Quonesia Franklin each scored 12 points and Morenike Atunrase added 10 and six rebounds as the Aggies (20-7, 8-5 Big 12) earned their third straight win in the series.
Texas A&M wasted no time taking control, jumping out to an 18-4 burst that was capped by Franklin's 3-pointer with 13:20 to go in the first half.
With just a 29-24 edge at intermission, the Aggies pulled away for good behind an impressive 21-7 surge to forge a 50-31 bulge at the 9:42 mark.
Brittainey Raven carried the load with 13 points for Texas (16-11, 4-9), which shot 46 percent (16-of-36) from the floor and committed 24 turnovers.
- UConn heads to 9th straight Final Four after beating Texas Mar 28
- Texas-UConn Preview Mar 27
- Auriemma has no apologies for UConn's dominance Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20