Allen leads Notre Dame past Seton HallMar 1, 2008 - 11:47 PM SOUTH BEND, Indiana (Ticker) -- Charel Allen scored 22 points as No. 14 Notre Dame held on for a 70-55 victory over Seton Hall in a Big East Conference contest on Saturday.
Melissa Lechlitner had 11 points and six assists off the bench for the Fighting Irish (23-6, 11-4 Big East), who held a 36-27 lead at the break.
Notre Dame saw its lead get trimmed to three early in the second half, but used a 14-3 run to open up a 59-45 advantage with 4:01 left to play.
The Pirates (13-14, 3-12) closed the deficit to 62-54 on a Nicole Emery free throw but were unable to get any closer the rest of the way.
Emery finished with 23 points and seven rebounds and Ebonie Williams added 20 points to lead Seton Hall, which has lost nine consecutive games.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
SETON HALL 27 28 55
NOTRE DAME (14) 36 34 70 FINAL
Mar 1 3:54 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
SETON HALL 27
(14) NOTRE DAME 36 HALFTIME
Mar 1 2:48 PM
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Top-seed Notre Dame beats 16-seed North Carolina A&T 95-61 Mar 19
- Duquesne beats Seton Hall 97-76 in NCAA tournament debut Mar 19
- NC A&T-Notre Dame Preview Mar 18
- Duquesne-Seton Hall Preview Mar 18